If you want to cook a dish that ingeniously combines several different vegetables, try this quiche. This is a universal way to prepare something useful and full of essential nutrients.
Invite the children to eat vegetables with the help of quiche
Do you want your children to eat more vegetables without noticing a taste they don’t like?
Of course, this is just the beginning of a problem that can get much worse. However, you can change the situation by trying new delicious recipes, such as this vegetable quiche. This is the perfect combination of carbohydrates from vegetables and protein from dairy foods.
All in all, this is an amazing dish that you can cook at home!
Quiche to your taste
Also, you can adapt this recipe to your specific tastes and add the ingredients that you think are best. In the recipe we will give you, we will use leeks, zucchini, carrots, and onions. However, if you prefer broccoli, you should also add it.
Either way, it will be delicious. You can even try spinach and potatoes.
How to cook quiche with vegetables and cheese
Start with the dough
This quiche has a crispy crust. To prepare it, you will need the following ingredients.
- 2 cups of wheat flour (240g)
- 1/2 cup of butter (100g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 glass of water (250ml)
- 1 tbsp of salt (15g)
- Cut the butter into cubes. Ideally, it should be cold.
- Form a volcano with wheat flour with your hands and pour the rest of the ingredients inside.
- Then you need to mix the ingredients well, paying special attention to the butter. You should get a smooth dough.
- Put the dough in a bowl, flatten and cover with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Place the dough in the form. Make sure the smooth dough covers every inch.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake for 15 minutes until the quiche is tender but will have a good consistency.
- 1 cup of cream (250ml)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese (100g)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 leek
- 2 bulbs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (30ml)
- Grate the cheese first, then set it aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop all the vegetables.
- Pour two tbsp of olive oil into a pan and heat it. When heated, add the onions and leeks. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure with the carrots and after 5 minutes add the zucchini.
- When all the vegetables are soft, reduce the heat and let them cool to room temperature.
- Next, beat the eggs, add cream, vegetables, and cheese.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper.
- Pour the contents into the quiche you made earlier and put it back in the oven.
- Set the oven to 180°C and bake for another 15 minutes until you notice that the cheese has browned.
- Finally, remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and serve.
Picture Credit: Unsplash