Almond milk contains a large number of useful fats, amino acids, and fiber. All these essential substances help to lose weight and maintain a stable weight. In addition, natural almond milk has many other incredible benefits for the human body.
Even though this milk is quite high in calories compared to other vegetable drinks, it is high in fiber, amino acids, and useful fats.
Also, almond milk does not contain gluten and lactose, and it is characterized by low cholesterol. Note that almond milk contains calcium, which is essential for maintaining bone strength.
How does almond milk promote weight loss?
When it comes to the nutritional value of this drink, it should be noted that almond milk is high in Omega-3 fatty acids – useful fats that have a beneficial effect on the heart. These substances reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the arteries, as well as improve metabolic functions.
This vegetable milk contains complex carbohydrates, ie macronutrients that ensure the maintenance of proper energy levels in the body. This drink is quite slow to digest, which ensures proper metabolism and prevents fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
Almond milk should be consumed regularly because it contains calcium and magnesium – minerals that strengthen bones. Even though almond milk does not contain all the nutrients that are part of cow’s milk, this drink may well meet the body’s needs for minerals and vitamins.
Another reason to regularly consume natural almond milk for weight loss is the high content of amino acids in it.
- 1 cup (150 g) of natural almonds (no need to fry)
- 6 glasses of water (1.5 liters)
Method of cooking:
- To begin, fill the almonds with two glasses of water (500 ml).
- Leave the almonds to soak for 8 hours (preferably overnight).
- Add the remaining water and beat the almonds in the bowl of a stationary blender for a few minutes.
- When the mixture becomes white and frothy, strain it.
- To obtain homogeneous vegetable milk, it is better to use a thin gauze for straining. Squeeze the whipped almonds well through it and pour the prepared milk into a glass jar with a lid.
Please note: if desired, you can add to the drink a little ground cinnamon or natural honey.
How to drink?
- Drink a glass of almond milk in the morning for breakfast or during the day as a snack.
- If desired, you can also use this vegetable milk as a basis for the preparation of fruit or vegetable strips.
- You should not abuse this drink, because vegetable milk is quite high in calories.
How to use the almonds that are left over after making milk?
After straining the almond milk, you will have real flour that can be used to prepare other dishes. What’s more, almond flour-based dishes are a great addition to a balanced diet.
However, to get the most out of this product, you need to store it properly.
Method of preparation and application:
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the chopped almonds evenly on a baking sheet.
- Place the pan with the almonds in the oven and bake for 15 minutes to get rid of moisture and dry the nuts.
- You can use almond flour instead of refined for cookies or other delicious desserts.
Although the benefits of almond milk are difficult to overestimate, it is also worth mentioning the serious contraindications to its use. If you suffer from indigestion or other serious illnesses, or if you are pregnant, be sure to consult your doctor before using it.
- Abuse of almond milk can impair the proper absorption of iodine from food.
- This drink contains substances that irritate the thyroid gland and can provoke the development of inflammation.
- Almond milk is not recommended for children.
- If you drink it regularly, you can provoke migraines, because almond milk contains tyrosine.
As you can see, almond-based vegetable milk is indispensable for weight loss. However, you should not abuse this drink, because it can also have negative side effects.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate