Homemade lemonade is delicious, refreshing, and very healthy, this is a great way to avoid store-bought drinks that contain a lot of sugar.
Here we will tell you about 9 different lemonade, with different herbs, spices, additives, and even vegetables added to increase their medicinal power and improve your nutrition.
Lemons are citrus that is so nutritious they have medicinal properties. Just some of their nutrients are:
- Citric acid
- Minerals (calcium, magnesium)
- Vitamin C
Homemade lemonade is a great way to take advantage of all their nutritious properties, as well as prevent all kinds of diseases.
Below we will offer a variety of homemade lemonade and tell you how to make them even tastier, give them a special touch and combine their healing effects.
This is a medicinal plant that can aid digestion while refreshing and invigorating your body.
- Lemonade with fresh mint will help you during hot summer days, which tend to drain all your energy.
- It’s also a great choice to eat with hard-to-digest food or dessert.
- If you don’t have fresh mint on hand, you can make mint tea with dried leaves and add lemon juice after the tea cools.
This lemonade is perfect for making you feel better when you’re sad or depressed.
- It will also help prevent the weakening of your immune system that usually accompanies these types of negative emotional states.
- Basil is great because it helps you relax while stimulating you, depending on what your body needs.
Lemonade made with fennel is the best choice for people who often experience bloating or gas, as it naturally aids your digestion.
- It also helps fight fluid retention.
- This lemonade should be enjoyed without other foods or before eating to take advantage of its special properties.
4. Cinnamon and ginger
Lemonade with cinnamon and ginger is pure energy. And if you drink it hot, it’s a great way to warm up on cold days or when you’re just plain sad.
With this lemonade you can:
- Strengthen your immune system
- Improve metabolism
- Regulate blood sugar
- Increase your libido
- Remove accumulated fluids from your body
This lemonade is so anti-inflammatory, cancer-preventing, and full of antioxidants that it deserves a permanent place in your diet.
Both turmeric and lemon perfectly improve liver function. This will improve your body’s ability to cleanse your blood and get rid of toxins.
Yes, you read that right. Beetroot lemonade is, unsurprisingly, a great combination to help you fight nausea and iron deficiency anemia thanks to its vitamin C, iron, and folic acid content.
Just add a piece of beetroot to your lemonade until you have a beautiful, delicious, purple drink.
7. Green tea
Lemonade made with green tea is great for the cardiovascular system. It is packed with antioxidants and even helps fight cancer.
Rich in minerals, this lemonade will help you burn calories and lose weight more easily, making it an ideal part of any weight-loss diet.
You can make lemonade into an isotonic drink to drink throughout the day, replenishing your body’s minerals and keeping you hydrated.
Add the following ingredients to a liter of lemonade:
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (3.5 g)
- brown sugar or honey (to taste)
How to make:
- Add the baking soda and sea salt to the natural lemonade and mix well.
- If desired, sweeten with a little honey or brown sugar.
- The result will be a fresh, slightly salty chocolate drink.
9. Stevia and propolis
This lemonade, cold or hot, is a remedy to improve the immune system and prevent and treat colds, flu, coughs, sore throats, etc.
How to make:
- Add stevia to taste and 25 drops of propolis per liter of lemonade and drink throughout the day.
- However, stevia must be in the form of a pure extract. You will see the difference because the extract should be dark in color; it contains medicinal properties in addition to sweetness.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate