HACCP proves that what you do or don’t do makes a big difference in serving safe food. The goal of HACCP is to stop, control, and prevent food safety problems. Our goal for you in this module is for you to become a HACCP Superstar!
SCORM Online Course
Every operation serving or selling food needs to have a food safety system in place that is designed specifically to guarantee the food being served is safe to eat. This specific food safety system is called HACCP for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point. HACCP is a system comprised of 7 principles that are to be applied to a written food safety program focusing on the food in your operation. This course aims to teach you the importance and use of all 7 principles in order to make you a safer, more effective food service employee.
Course Level if Applicable
By the time you finish this course you will be able to:
- Identify the causes of food borne illness
- Identify the key points of HACCP
- Explain the 7 HACCP principles
- Follow prerequisite programs for food safety
- Apply standard operating procedures for food safety and food defense in your operation
- Identify the three classifications of recipes
- Determine critical control points
- Apply critical control limits
- Complete monitoring forms
- Determine effective corrective actions
The following topics are covered during this course:
- Prerequisite Programs
- Food Defense
- Hazard Analysis
- Determining Critical Control Points
- Critical Limits
- Corrective Actions
- Record Keeping
In compliance with 2005 FDA code
Course Reporting Requirements
Refers to the minimum required passing scores, as applicable, to:
- Pre-quizzes – N/A
- Lesson quizzes – N/A
- End of Course – Post Assessment
Upon completion of this course, please print your certificate to demonstrate that you are certified in HACCP principles for two years from the date of completion.
About the Subject Matter Expert
Tara Paster is President of Paster Training, Inc., one of the largest private training companies dedicated to educating food industry managers and employees about food safety, alcohol training, HACCP, operations, support services, employee training, and customer service training.