Salads make it possible to diversify dishes more so that healthy eating does not become boring. Plus, salad is a great way to increase your intake of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients.
This dish combines quinoa and chickpeas, foods rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 cup of quinoa (200 g)
- 2 glasses of water (500 ml)
- 1 ½ cups of boiled chickpeas (300 g)
- chopped fresh parsley (50 g)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped spinach (300 g)
- chopped fresh cilantro (50 g)
- chopped green onion (65 g)
- feta cheese (65 g)
- pumpkin seeds (to taste)
Ingredients for dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil (40 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (40 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (30 g)
- 1 large chopped clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- First, rinse the quinoa in a sieve.
- Then pour it into a pot of water.
- Cook on medium heat and then reduce the heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- After that, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pumpkin seeds for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Put them in a salad bowl and let them cool for a few minutes.
For the salad dressing:
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Taste and add more salt or lemon if needed.
- When the quinoa is ready, pour it into a large bowl and add the chickpeas, spinach, parsley, cilantro, green onions, feta cheese, and toasted seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
Picture Credit: Unsplash