If, closer to the night, hunger wakes up in you, which, contrary to common sense and diet, drives you to the refrigerator, do not deny yourself a snack. Just replace the steak with potatoes with something from our list.
In case your body can not do without a late snack, and a set of extra pounds is not included in your plans, you need to know a few rules that will help in choosing a “midnight meal”.
Evening Meal Rules
- After 6 pm it is better to avoid food that contains a lot of carbohydrates and fats (but do not give up food at all). The fact is that at night the body spends calories as well as during the day, and since no food is taken at this time, it begins to expend its own. Therefore, if you have a carbohydrate meal before bedtime, then the accumulations simply will not be used, since you just ate a new source of energy.
- Dinner should be light and contain fewer calories than previous meals.
- After eating, you should take a little walk at least around the apartment, and not immediately go to bed.
- Dinner should be at least 3-4 hours before bedtime. In an hour, you can satisfy your hunger with something close in calories to a glass of low-fat kefir or milk.
- When choosing a “night” food, keep in mind that many products, such as red meat (pork), can be absorbed up to 4-6 hours. That is, if you do not withstand this time period before going to bed, you will soon expect a digestive disorder and new centimeters on your sides.
Low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt or fermented baked milk
1-2 cups of low-fat natural yogurt will not only satisfy your hunger but also benefit the gastrointestinal tract.
Porridge is good not only in the morning but also in the evening. Of course, you should not cook it using fat milk and adding a lot of sugar, but it is also not necessary to do it on water. Choose skim milk and replace sugar with dried fruit
Chicken breast, turkey
Chicken breast – diet meat, a pure protein with minimal fat. Bake chicken or turkey in the oven or in a grill without oil and enjoy a delicious and easily digestible dinner. It is digested only no more than an hour and a half.
Satisfy your hunger with a handful of almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, or walnuts. Keep in mind that they are very high-calorie, so limit yourself to 40 g. This will be more than enough. In addition, as we know, walnuts contribute to weight loss.
Cheese contains many vitamins (A, B1, B2, B12, C, D, E, PP), various acids useful to the body, as well as minerals, calcium, phosphorus. To also cheese, it is easily absorbed by the body and has a good effect on digestion. A couple of slices of low-calorie cheese with vegetables will be a good dinner for the night.
Cherries, blueberries, currants, raspberries, pears, dates, figs
The main rule for fruits – they must be unsweetened. For example, a banana or grape is too high in calories and is not suitable for a snack.
Hummus is mashed chickpea seasoned with olive or sesame oil, with spices. Its benefits are due to its composition, namely the absence of cholesterol, high content of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, and fiber. In addition, hummus is very nutritious, therefore, to get enough, it does not need much. Combine it with vegetables or as a side dish for chicken.
Picture Credit: Unsplash