A biscuit with berries or fruit is a delicious open pie with fruit filling. Any seasonal berries and fruits will be suitable as a filling.
- flour – 170 g
- cold butter – 120 g
- cold water – 60 ml
- salt – a pinch
- sugar – 5 g
For the pie filling:
- fruits or berries – to your taste
- sugar – 1 tbsp
- powdered sugar – optional (for topping)
- 2 yolks for grease the sides of the pie
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- Mix flour with sugar and salt.
- In a food processor, mix the flour with the butter. Gradually add cold water. Knead the dough.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- At this time, do the stuffing: wash the fruit or berries, cut if necessary.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll out into a cake about 3 mm thick.
- Put the cakes to a baking sheet greased with oil or lined with baking paper.
- In the center of the cake layers out the fruit or berries, distributing on the surface and leaving 2 cm from the edges. Sprinkle the filling with sugar. You can add or reduce the amount of sugar at your discretion.
- Wrap the free edges of the cakes on the filling, forming the sides of a round biscuit.
- Grease the sides of the biscuit with egg yolks diluted in a spoonful of milk or water.
- Put the biscuit with fruit in a preheated oven to 180°C and bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- The finished biscuit should cool. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar and serve.
Picture Credit: Unsplash